List compiled by Debra Bell (debrabell.com
FREE Cool Web Tools
· Google Sites – build free website. Provides templates
· Google Docs – free document, spreadsheet, form creation and storage
· Google Scholar
· Google Earth
· Google Books
· Google Groups – a discussion forum – I don’t use. I use SnitzForum.
· Now allows screen-sharing and group calls
Learner.org – free courseware, formerly on PBS, now available for free
AcademicEarth.org – Professors at top colleges put their lectures online
KahnAcademy.org – 2600 educational video, primarily covering math, science and history topics. But with recent multimillion
dollar grants from Bill Gates and Google, his site is growing rapidly.
EngineerGuy.com – University professor has cool videos about engineering and physics topics.
CNX.org – Connexions is a place to view and share educational material made of small knowledge chunks called modules
that can be organized as courses, books, reports, etc.
Google Docs – can upload PowerPoints w/ narration and video
Google “graphic organizer” + subject area and grade level
Google “rubric” +subject area and grade level. For writing, Google “six-trait writing rubric” +genre and grade level
· also known as data visualization